Re: Problems with "CREATE CAST" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Shott
Subject Re: Problems with "CREATE CAST"
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane et al:

Thank you for your comments and observations.  In particular, you make
me realize that I likely don't know how the JDBC connection is handling
things. I find that I often tend to assume that what I see and use on
the interactive command like is exactly what is coming across the wire
on a JDBC connection.  In fact, you are exactly correct about the
inability to use an index on the oid column.  We do have an index and
yet have seen performance problems for a table that rarely exceeds a few
hundred rows.

I'll take your advice and see what the JDBC folks suggest and see if we
can handle things in a better fashion.

Thanks again,

John