Re: Creating a new database in pgadmin - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Creating a new database in pgadmin
Date
List pgadmin-support
Le 17/03/2010 12:29, javib a écrit :

> Thanks for replying so fast Thom. I tried the following line and it didn't
> work:
>
> CREATE TABLESPACE otraParti LOCATION '/media/Iomega HDD(F:)'
>
> and I'm getting the following error:
> ERROR: couldn't define permissions for directory «/media/Iomega HDD(F:)»: No
> such file or directory
>
> Any ideas?

You should probably look at the manual page for CREATE TABLESPACE:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/sql-createtablespace.html

You need to put in the location field the name of the directory in which
you want to store your database/table. And be sure postgres has
permissions to read/write in this directory.

BTW, you can use pgAdmin to create this tablespace. Could be simpler.

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com