Re: Problem with 8.4 stats collector high load - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jakub Ouhrabka
Subject Re: Problem with 8.4 stats collector high load
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Ideally, autovacuum would only request a new copy of the file if the> one it got was considerably out of date.
Obviouslya tenth of a> second is not old enough.

I've tried to look at it and found that's already implemented - see
autovac_refresh_stats(). STATS_READ_DELAY which is set to 1s. Am I
reading the code correctly? If so then 1s is not enough for big clusters.

I guess it would be feasible to crank STATS_READ_DELAY up a little bit,
say to 10s. What do you think?

Kuba