Re: [FWD] About "Our CLUSTER implementation is pessimal" patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: [FWD] About "Our CLUSTER implementation is pessimal" patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Leonardo F wrote:
> Could at least the message:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-02/msg00766.php
> be added to the TODO page, under
> "Improve CLUSTER performance by sorting to reduce
> random I/O" ?
> It would be sad if the patch got lost...

You should read http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch and
follow the instructions there.  As outlined in the "Submission timing"
section, you're asking about something during the wrong time to be doing
so--that's why you're not getting any real feedback.  Add your patch to
the next CommitFest by linking to your message at
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/ and it won't get lost--it will get
assigned a reviewer at the time when the time comes to look at
completely new patches again.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com