Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Speed up CREATE DATABASE by deferring the fsyncs until after - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Speed up CREATE DATABASE by deferring the fsyncs until after
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Monday 15 February 2010 08:13:32 Tom Lane wrote:
> I wrote:
> > The buildfarm indicates that this patch has got some serious issues.
>
> Actually, looking closer, some of the Windows machines started failing
> after the *earlier* patch to add directory fsyncs.
And not only the windows machines. Seems sensible to add a configure check
whether directory-fsyncing works.
But at least I am not capable of writing good m4/configure.in/whatever without
strong supervision...

Will try if nobody else with more knowledge does and if somebody will look
over it afterwards.

Andres