Re: knngist patch support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Teodor Sigaev
Subject Re: knngist patch support
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Reflecting on it, it seems to me that the separate SearchSysCacheN()
> macros are obviously cleaner and closer to preferred project style than
> the existing code with all those explicit zeroes.  So I think there's
> a case for migrating to that style even if we didn't have a concern
> about the max number of lookup keys.

http://www.sigaev.ru/misc/syscache-0.1.gz

Patch enlarges number of arguments of SearchSysCache and friends to 5 and
introduces SearchSysCacheN (and friends) macroses. All
SearchSysCache/SearchSysCacheCopy/SearchSysCacheExists/SearchSysCacheList/GetSysCacheOid
calls are converted into calling macroses.

For compatibility, we could rename SearchSysCache into SearchSysCacheSomething
and provide SearchSysCache function for old code.
  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/