Re: Confusion over Python drivers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Confusion over Python drivers
Date
Re: Confusion over Python drivers
List pgsql-hackers
Marko Kreen wrote:
> I think we should concentrate on the PR problem and technical issues
> related to that, keep the other low-level and non-user-visible
> issues out.  Or at least separate.  (PsycopgTodo wiki page?)

That's just a matter of prioritizing the issues.  Put the big ones at
the top, the trivia at the bottom, and if you knock stuff of there
somewhere along the way you discover you've made enough progress that
the PR stuff starts going away, because people are able to get their
work done with less drama.

Here's a full TODO page that includes everything mentioned here as best
I could summarize it:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Python_PostgreSQL_Driver_TODO

Looks like the first action item is to talk with the Psycopg people
about their license.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com