Re: Largeobject Access Controls (r2460) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From KaiGai Kohei
Subject Re: Largeobject Access Controls (r2460)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
(2010/02/05 3:27), Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Robert Haas escribió:

>>> In other words:
>>>
>>>   <default>       ->  blob contents and metadata (owner, acl, comments) shall
>>>                   be dumped
>>>   --data-only   ->  only blob contents shall be dumped
>>>   --schema-only ->  neither blob contents and metadata are dumped.
>>>
>>> Can I understand correctly?
>>
>> No, that's not what I said.  Please reread.  I don't think you should
>> ever dump blob contents without the metadata, or the other way around.
>
> So:
>     default:    both contents and metadata
>     --data-only:    same
>     --schema-only:    neither
>
> Seems reasonable.

OK... I'll try to update the patch, anyway.

However, it means only large object performs an exceptional object class
that dumps its owner, acl and comment even if --data-only is given.
Is it really what you suggested, isn't it?

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>