Re: BUG #5304: psql using conninfo fails in connecting to the server - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: BUG #5304: psql using conninfo fails in connecting to the server
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 02/02/2010 10:08 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
>> Are there any of the psql parameters that we do not want to allow to be
>> overridden by the conninfo string?
>=20
> Actually, now that I think about it, psql shouldn't be setting
> application_name at all.  It should be setting
> fallback_application_name, and I think that should be after the dbname
> so that it's not overridable.  The way it's being done now destroys the
> usefulness of the PGAPPNAME environment variable.

Easily done. I'll fix psql/command.c and the documentation tomorrow and
post another patch for review before committing.

Should I also be looking to replace all (or most) other instances of
PQsetdbLogin()?

Thanks!

Joe