Re: BUG #5304: psql using conninfo fails in connecting to the server - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #5304: psql using conninfo fails in connecting to the server
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> Are there any of the psql parameters that we do not want to allow to be
> overridden by the conninfo string?

Actually, now that I think about it, psql shouldn't be setting
application_name at all.  It should be setting
fallback_application_name, and I think that should be after the dbname
so that it's not overridable.  The way it's being done now destroys the
usefulness of the PGAPPNAME environment variable.

            regards, tom lane