Re: BUG #5304: psql using conninfo fails in connecting to the server - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: BUG #5304: psql using conninfo fails in connecting to the server
Date
Re: BUG #5304: psql using conninfo fails in connecting to the server  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-bugs
Fujii Masao wrote:
> In HEAD, psql using conninfo fails in connecting to the server as follows.
>
>   $ bin/psql "host=localhost"
>   psql: FATAL:  database "host=localhost" does not exist
>
> This is because the recently-introduced PQconnectStartParams()
> doesn't handle correctly the dbname parameter containing '='.

Hmm, I don't think that was ever really supposed to work, it was
accidental that it did. I certainly didn't realize you could do that.
The documented way to do that is:

bin/psql --host=localhost

--
  Heikki Linnakangas