Re: BUG #5304: psql using conninfo fails in connecting to the server - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: BUG #5304: psql using conninfo fails in connecting to the server
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> Fujii Masao wrote:
>> In HEAD, psql using conninfo fails in connecting to the server as follow=
s.

>> =A0 $ bin/psql "host=3Dlocalhost"
>> =A0 psql: FATAL: =A0database "host=3Dlocalhost" does not exist
>>
>> This is because the recently-introduced PQconnectStartParams()
>> doesn't handle correctly the dbname parameter containing '=3D'.
>
> Hmm, I don't think that was ever really supposed to work, it was
> accidental that it did. I certainly didn't realize you could do that.
> The documented way to do that is:
>
> bin/psql --host=3Dlocalhost

Really? According to the document, psql using conninfo seems to
be supported.

http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/app-psql.html#R2-APP-PSQL-C=
ONNECTING
> An alternative way to specify connection parameters is in a conninfo
> string, which is used instead of a database name. This mechanism give
> you very wide control over the connection. For example:
>
> $ psql "service=3Dmyservice sslmode=3Drequire"

Am I missing something?

Regards,

--=20
Fujii Masao