Re: feture request - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: feture request
Date
List pgadmin-support
Le 28/01/2010 00:21, Mike Blackwell a écrit :
> On 1/27/2010 4:33 PM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>>
>> OK, I have something like this working. See the screenshot to have a
>> look at it. Actually, it loads the file at startup. If you choose an
>> item, it puts the query in the query text box. If you execute a query,
>> it adds the query in the combobox and save the contents of the combobox.
>>
>> When writing the code, I had four questions:
>>
>>  * should we have a global history or a history per database? I prefer
>>    the former...
>>  * probably I need to add a Clear button?
>>  * should I add options to allow the change the filename?
>>  * is there anything else I have to add?
>>
>> Comments?
>>

> Looks like a nice idea.
>
> I often run a query, switch databases and run it again.  (Between e.g.,
> development and test database).  How will that work?

When you launch the query tool, it reads the histoqueries file and loads
its content into the combobox (if the file doesn't exist or if it's
empty, you'll have obviously an empty combobox). Each time you launch a
query, it gets added in the combobox and in the file. This way, if the
query freezes the window, you still have it in the histoqueries file, so
that, after you kill and restart pgAdmin, you can select it and change
your query quickly.

I still have to check if you have more than one query tool open. They
all will write in the same file, but their combobox will differ. Not
sure if this is a real issue, but it doesn't seem consistent.

>  Will the query end up in both histories?

Yes.

>  Will the current query text still remain in the text box when switching db's?

Yes.

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com