Re: ECPGset_var - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Boszormenyi Zoltan
Subject Re: ECPGset_var
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera írta:
> Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:
>

>> Thanks for analyzing it, patch is attached. I downloaded
>> and installed ICC, so I could reproduce the difference.
>>

> Why not have a single function that does both things in a single call?
> It doesn't look like there's any place that calls the function with only
> one value for "insert" ...

Okay, I tried this approach, patch is attached.
This way it doesn't depend on the evaluation order
of function parameters.

> I happened to notice this misleading comment:
>
>         char temp[20]; /* this should be sufficient unless you have 8 byte integers */

That comment was there before I touched that function, I deleted it now.
There will be other problems before reaching 2^31-1 internal variables,
like compiling the monster C file without the compiler going OOM...

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi

--
Bible has answers for everything. Proof:
"But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more

Zoltán Böszörményi
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH
http://www.postgresql.at/

Attachment