Re: pgFoundry Download URLs - Mailing list pgsql-www

From damien clochard
Subject Re: pgFoundry Download URLs
Date
List pgsql-www
Josh Berkus a écrit :
> Josh, Stefan,
>
>>> 1) a place for less offical mailing lists (e.g. non-permanent
>>> non-@postgresql.org mailing lists) which can be created without the
>>> whole process required for a new "official" list.  Note that many of
>>> these lists are not related to any code development project.
>> Not sure why this is needed, everyone of the sites listed above provides
>> mailing list capability.
>
> You didn't read the whole thing: "Note that many of these lists are not
> related to any code development project."
>
> For example:
> funds-group
> eu-conference
> press-regional
> etc.

hi guys,

While i don't have a strong opinion on this whole thread, i really think
that local tools ( mailing-lists, websites ) should be handled by local
communities.

For example, the .fr platform already offers mailing-lists since 2006
and so far we have 9 active lists. PG Europe also has its own ressources.

From my perspective, i don't see the need of another centralized
mailing-list system on .org

Even if the project is small and people don't want to manage a
mailing-list software themself, there are free mailing-lists services
out there  ( yahoogroups and google groups are obvious ,but there are
alternatives too )