Re: pgFoundry Download URLs - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: pgFoundry Download URLs
Date
List pgsql-www
Damien,

> While i don't have a strong opinion on this whole thread, i really think
> that local tools ( mailing-lists, websites ) should be handled by local
> communities.
>
> For example, the .fr platform already offers mailing-lists since 2006
> and so far we have 9 active lists. PG Europe also has its own ressources.
>
> From my perspective, i don't see the need of another centralized
> mailing-list system on .org

None of the mailing lists we're talking about *are* "local".
press-regional is international, funds-group is as well, etc.

I think spinning up (or merely keeping) one mailman instance on
postgresql.org resources for non-critical and/or private lists isn't
much of a resource drain.  Esp. if that mail server isn't tied to
pgFoundry, so that we can (for example) delete lists which are inactive.

--Josh Berkus