Re: pgFoundry Download URLs - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgFoundry Download URLs
Date
Re: pgFoundry Download URLs  ("Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com>)
List pgsql-www
On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 11:32 PM, Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
>>
>> Rather than the hard to navigate and hard to find software
>> catalogoue (or however Dave spells it :), let's create a page on the
>> wiki that lists all interesting and active Postgres related projects.
>> Not a category, not a set of pages, a single page.  There are probably at
>> most 50 such projects
>
> Here's a stub page for discussion:
>  http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Add-Ons_and_Tools
>
> Upthread I estimated the number of projects as being between 50 and 100, so
> your take on the scope is similar to mine.  The hard part here will be
> accurately determining the version compatibility situation of each project.
>  This is IMHO one of the most important things the community needs to be
> better about labeling anyway.  I see Ron already chimed in with a similar
> sentiment.

The catalogue was written after a great deal of discussion precisely
because we were fed up with having multiple pages in different places
listing all the addons etc, and causing much confusion for users and a
maintenance headache for us.

Kindly don't revert us to that state by creating yet another page
following a couple of emails on an otherwise unrelated thread.

--
Dave Page