Re: Row-Level Security - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From KaiGai Kohei
Subject Re: Row-Level Security
Date
List pgsql-hackers
One more issue I found.

What row-level policy should be applied on inherited tables?

If inconsistent policy is applied on the parent and child table,
we can see different result set, although a part of result set
in the parent table come from the child table.

My idea is to copy row-level policies to inherited tables from the
parent table. We can additional row-level policy on the inherited
tables, but all the condition is chained by AND, so here is no
inconsistency.
Even if the inherited table has multiple parents, all the row-level
policies shall be applied, so here is no inconsistency.
(Needless to say, child table have same columns, so we can apply
same row-level policies.)

Thanks,
--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC