Re: Adding support for SE-Linux security - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From KaiGai Kohei
Subject Re: Adding support for SE-Linux security
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David P. Quigley wrote:
> So I was reading through a set of slides that KaiGai has and he
> mentioned a May commitfest link and I looked for the comments related to
> his PGACE patches. I've been crawling through the commitfest paces so I
> can figure out what the latest version of the pgace patch is. Does
> anyone know when the patch was reduced to what it is today?

I could salvage a legacy PGACE patch: http://sepgsql.googlecode.com/files/sepostgresql-pgace-8.4devel-3-r739.patch

However, its code base was v8.4devel, so conflictable to the latest CVS HEAD.
In addition, it contains various kind of concepts within a single patch.* comprehensive security hooks* a facility to
storesecurity identifier on the header of each row* a facility to translate between security identifier (int) and
securitycontext (text)* "security_context" writable system column support.

From the current perspective, we can understand these features should be
proposed as separated features. But I was young.

Thanks,
--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>