Re: tsearch parser inefficiency if text includes urls or emails - new version - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: tsearch parser inefficiency if text includes urls or emails - new version
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Now that you ask, of course I just spotted a bug in there such
> that the documented behavior for the PGDEBUG feature doesn't
> actually work.   If you were using that to turn off asserts, that
> may not have worked as expected.  Don't know what you did there
> exactly.  Fix now pushed to the repo.
Thanks.  I was going to reply to your original message with my
experiences (and probably still will), but it seemed like it might
be relevant here.  I did check pg_config results before doing
anything, and saw that the debug and cassert weren't set, so that's
why I did explicit configure and make commands.  Even without that
covered, peg was a nice convenience -- I can say that it saved me
more time already than it took to install and read the docs.  Nice
work!
Anyway, I'm not sure whether your reply directly answers the point
I was raising -- peg doesn't do anything with the compiler
optimization flags under the covers, does it?
-Kevin