Re: sessions and prepared statements - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From John DeSoi
Subject Re: sessions and prepared statements
Date
Re: sessions and prepared statements
List pgsql-sql
On Jun 15, 2006, at 11:49 AM, chester c young wrote:

> in PHP for example, where there are multiple sessions and which you
> get is random:
>
> how do you know if the session you're in has prepared a particular
> statement?
>
> and/or how do you get a list of prepared statements?
>
> last, is there any after login trigger that one could use to
> prepare statements the session would need? or is this a dumb idea?

If you are using pooled connections, I don't think there is a
reasonable way you could managed prepared statements across requests.
You'll probably want to just prepare the ones you need for the
current request and discard them when the request ends.

I have a short article where you might find some useful information
for managing prepared statements:

http://pgedit.com/resource/php/pgfuncall

You might also post your question to PostgreSQL PHP list -- probably
more PHP expertise there.

Best,

John

John DeSoi, Ph.D.