Re: Deleted WAL files held open by backends in Linux - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Deleted WAL files held open by backends in Linux
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Perhaps, if you didn't mind sometimes getting a wrong answer.
Well, it would be a heuristic which would close the deleted file
*almost* all the time.  When it didn't, the next check would
probably catch it.  Assuming that you would never get an indication
that it was different when it hadn't changed, the worst that could
happen is that you infrequently get the current behavior.
That all *seems* sane to me, if low priroity.  Any objections to my
putting it on the TODO list?
-Kevin