Re: SE-PgSQL patch review - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From KaiGai Kohei
Subject Re: SE-PgSQL patch review
Date
List pgsql-hackers
KaiGai Kohei wrote:
> Ross J. Reedstrom wrote:
>>> We need to put a reserved token, such as "AS", prior to the
>>> SECURITY_CONTEXT
>>> to avoid syntax conflicts to "DEFAULT b_expr" option.
>>
>> Does "WITH" work? Seems to read better to me:
>>
>> CREATE TABLE tbl (col integer WITH SECURITY CONTEXT [...])
>>
> It was conflicted. :(

BTW, we have two options, if we don't use AS token here.

1. It moves "SECURITY" to reserved keyword.We can represent SECURITY CONTEXT option for each columns quitenatural, but
italso has a pain. It disallow to use "security"as a column name.

2. Another syntax to support SECURITY CONTEXTFor example: CREATE TABLE tbl_name (     col_X_name    int     primary
key,    col_Y_name    text    default 'aaa' ) SECURITY CONTEXT ( 'label of the table',                      col_Y_name
IS'label of the column Y', ... );

I don't have any preference between the current syntax and the new one.

Thanks,
--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>