Re: Need full search text on a shared hosting web site using 8.1.x - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond C. Rodgers
Subject Re: Need full search text on a shared hosting web site using 8.1.x
Date
List pgsql-general
John DeSoi wrote:
> On Nov 16, 2009, at 2:12 PM, Raymond Rodgers wrote:
>
> a2hosting.com shows "unlimited" plans which include Postgres 8.4 (tsearch already included) for about $5/month. If
youreally need an older version, they might be willing to add your account to an older shared server. I know they used
tohave contrib tsearch installed with older versions.

> http://www.a2hosting.com/services/web-hosting/

It's actually my preference to have a newer version, preferably at least
8.3.x. But at the time that I was doing my research (3-4 weeks ago), A2
didn't seem to have anything priced comparably to HostNine. Their
executive package is indeed a bit cheaper than HostNine, and I'm now
thinking about whether I'll brave the potential headaches of canceling
with HostNine. At the very least, if I do, I should have an easier time
moving my sites over: they're currently running on 8.3.x on my doomed
hosting account, and it was a pain in the hindquarters to move just a
single bare bones site on over to 8.1.x even without the full text
search....

Thanks for the tip!
Raymond