Re: Need full search text on a shared hosting web site using 8.1.x - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John DeSoi
Subject Re: Need full search text on a shared hosting web site using 8.1.x
Date
List pgsql-general
On Nov 16, 2009, at 2:12 PM, Raymond Rodgers wrote:

> Aside from this issue, they're the best I've found for the least amount of money in terms of bandwidth, disk space,
andPostgreSQL support. I'd happily continue to use my current, more expensive, hosting provider if they weren't phasing
outsupport for compiling your own applications with their system, which means that I'll be losing PostgreSQL support
becausethey only support MySQL officially.

> I went through the list of the hosting providers on the PostgreSQL site, and while the old adage "you get what you
payfor" might be applicable in this instance, they were the only one that I could really afford at this point in time.

a2hosting.com shows "unlimited" plans which include Postgres 8.4 (tsearch already included) for about $5/month. If you
reallyneed an older version, they might be willing to add your account to an older shared server. I know they used to
havecontrib tsearch installed with older versions.

http://www.a2hosting.com/services/web-hosting/

John DeSoi, Ph.D.