Re: Listen / Notify rewrite - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Chernow
Subject Re: Listen / Notify rewrite
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> spill to disk and need an efficient storage mechanism. The natural
> implementation of this in Postgres would be a table, not the slru. If

This is what I think the people's real problem is, the implementation becomes a
more complex when including payloads (larger ones even more so).  I think its a
side-track to discuss queue vs condition variables.  Whether a notify is 20
bytes through the network or 8192 bytes doesn't change its design or purpose,
only its size.

Calling this a creeping feature is quite a leap.

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC