Re: Freebsd & autoconf-2.63 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Freebsd & autoconf-2.63
Date
List pgsql-hackers
abindra@u.washington.edu wrote:
> I downloaded the latest postgresql code via cvs on a FreeBSD 7.2 system.
> When I try to run autoconf on the source it tells me that I need
> autoconf-2.63. However the freeBSD ports only has autoconf-6.62.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestion on how to resolve this? I posted a
> question on the freebsd ports forum but have not had any solutions.

Go to http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/, and download and install  a
newer version of autoconf.

You shouldn't actually need to run autoconf even when building from a
CVS checkout, because we keep the generated "configure" file in CVS as
well. Unless you have edited configure.in, you can just do "./configure;
make install"