Re: Freebsd & autoconf-2.63 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Freebsd & autoconf-2.63
Date
List pgsql-hackers
abindra@u.washington.edu writes:
> I downloaded the latest postgresql code via cvs on a FreeBSD 7.2 system. When I try to run autoconf on the source it
tellsme that I need autoconf-2.63. However the freeBSD ports only has autoconf-6.62.

> Does anyone have any suggestion on how to resolve this? I posted a question on the freebsd ports forum but have not
hadany solutions.

Well, you could grab our nightly tarball instead of pulling from CVS.
Or you could remove the version-check line from configure.in.  The
latter is actually very likely to work, we just don't promise anything
(if it breaks, debugging is your problem not ours).