createlang error(s) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Burski
Subject createlang error(s)
Date
List pgsql-general
Greetings, everyone!

I'm experiencing some troubles using the createlang command to add
plperl to my PostgreSQL installation.  When I issue the command
"createlang plperl template1" I receive the following error message:

createlang: language installation failed: ERROR: could not load library
"/usr/lib/postgresql/plperl.so": libperl.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory

Some installation specifications:
Running OpenSuSE 11.1
PostgreSQL 8.3.8
Yast2 shows the following modules as installed: postgresql-plperl,
postgresql-plpython, postgresql-pltcl

I've located the "plperl.so" file - it's in the /usr/lib/postgresql
directory and has permissions of 755.
The "libperl.so" file is located in the
/usr/lib/perl5/5.10.0/i586-linux-thread-multi/CORE directory and has
permissions of 555.

I've attempted the command as the "postgres" user and using my own user
ID (I'm a "superuser") but the results are the same.  I've also tried
the createlang command to add tcl and python, with similar results.

I'm thinking that the installation is looking for the problem files in a
location different from where they're actually located (but I may be
completely off base on that assumption).

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance.

John