Re: FATAL error could not find function "alt_to_mic" in file cyrillic_and_mic.so - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: FATAL error could not find function "alt_to_mic" in file cyrillic_and_mic.so
Date
List pgsql-general
Please reply to the list, not just to me. My reply follows inline.

Jayaraman, Rajaram (STSD) wrote:

> I replaced the file conversion_create.sql and the db got created.

Yes, but you never found out why it happened in the first place. I
strongly suspect your install is busted, probably due to an incomplete
install over an older version. You haven't given enough information to
be sure of that, but you clearly have an old version kicking around
somewhere that's interfering with your new one, and the most common
reason is installing on the same prefix (incompletely, or without
cleaning the old install out first).

Try installing your new version to a new, clean prefix and see if you
still have problems.

> When I try to connect to the DB and perform insert/update/delete/select operations from the command line all seems to
beworking fine, but when I try to use my application to connect to the DB I get the following message in the log file
andthe connection aborts.

> LOG:  getsockname() failed: Invalid argument
> LOG:  incomplete startup packet

Is your app using the same version of libpq as `psql' ? Use whatever
linker trace tool exists on HPUX (or search for "ldd hpux" which will
probably tell you).

Are you connecting with the same host argument in both cases? In
particular, might you be connecting over a unix socket (the default)
with `psql', and tcp/ip with your application? That might be a clue.

Does the system have IPv6 enabled?

--
Craig Ringer