Re: BUG #5127: AbstractJdbc2Connection#doRollback should throws Exception if connection is closed - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: BUG #5127: AbstractJdbc2Connection#doRollback should throws Exception if connection is closed
Date
List pgsql-bugs
<taktos@gmail.com> wrote:

> If PostgreSQL server is restarted, old Connection pooled in
> Application server's ConnectionPool cannot connect to DB.
> That's OK.
> But, I can call rollback() on old Connection and it throws no
> exception.

Hmmm....   What problem are you having?  The transaction would have
been rolled back when the server was restarted (or if the connection
was broken).  What benefit would you get from the exception you
suggest?

-Kevin