Drop schema cascade fails since postgresql 8.4 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Cedric Berger
Subject Drop schema cascade fails since postgresql 8.4
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

I've a schema with actually 409 tables.
I've made a default installation of postgresql on the mac
(Installer version Version 8.4.1-1 from enterprise db).

Unfortunately, since I upgraded from 8.3, I cannot drop
these kind of schema anymore:

  postgres=# drop schema hard_12 cascade
  postgres-# ;
  WARNING:  out of shared memory
  ERROR:  out of shared memory
  HINT:  You might need to increase max_locks_per_transaction.

I've tried to double max_locks_per_transaction, double the values
of SHMMAX/SHMALL, there is no difference...

I had no issue with drop cascade with postgresql 8.2 and 8.3

Please let me know what more information is needed to help you
debug that problem.

Thanks,
Cedric Berger
cedric@berger.to