BUG #5070: Drop cascade fails on 8.4 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Cedric Berger
Subject BUG #5070: Drop cascade fails on 8.4
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      5070
Logged by:          Cedric Berger
Email address:      cedric@berger.to
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.1
Operating system:   Mac OS X, 10.6.1
Details:

I've a schema with actually 409 tables.
I've made a default installation of postgresql on the mac
(Installer version Version 8.4.1-1 from enterprise db).

Unfortunately, since I upgraded from 8.3, I cannot drop
these kind of schema anymore:

 postgres=# drop schema hard_12 cascade
 postgres-# ;
 WARNING:  out of shared memory
 ERROR:  out of shared memory
 HINT:  You might need to increase max_locks_per_transaction.

I've tried to double max_locks_per_transaction, double the values
of SHMMAX/SHMALL, there is no difference...

I had no issue with drop cascade with postgresql 8.2 and 8.3

Please let me know what more information is needed to help you
debug that problem.