Re: Index not used in join.. (example included) - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Ron Arts
Subject Re: Index not used in join.. (example included)
Date
List pgsql-novice
Michael Wood schreef:
> 2009/9/18 Michael Wood <esiotrot@gmail.com>:
>> 2009/9/18 Ron Arts <ron.arts@neonova.nl>:
>>> A. Kretschmer schreef:
>> [...]
>>> That does force it to use the index, but doesn't speed up my query.
>> Would it help to add an index on the name column of the detail table?
>> And maybe to make it a foreign key referencing the first table?
>
> Sorry, I just had another look and see you do have an index on the
> name column in detail.
>
> I wonder if it would make a difference if the index on the first table
> was a unique index.
>
> --
> Michael Wood <esiotrot@gmail.com>

Well, the name columns are not unique in both tables. So I cannot make it
an unique index.

Ron

--
NeoNova BV
innovatieve internetoplossingen

http://www.neonova.nl  Science Park 140           1098 XG Amsterdam
info: 020-5611300      servicedesk: 020-5611302   fax: 020-5611301
KvK Amsterdam 34151241

Op dit bericht is de volgende disclaimer van toepassing:
http://www.neonova.nl/maildisclaimer