Re: Index not used in join.. (example included) - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Index not used in join.. (example included)
Date
List pgsql-novice
Ron Arts <ron.arts@neonova.nl> writes:
> A. Kretschmer schreef:
>> You can try to force an index-scan by disabling the seq-scan (set
>> enable_seqscan='no';) and re-run the query.

> That does force it to use the index, but doesn't speed up my query.

IOW, the planner chose the right plan.  Don't complain...

I think the real answer here is that the planner thinks the table
is too small to bother with an index.  If you load up a non-toy
amount of data you might get a different plan.

            regards, tom lane