Re: Streaming Replication patch for CommitFest 2009-09 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Streaming Replication patch for CommitFest 2009-09
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Fujii Masao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>>> I'm thinking that walreceiver should be a stand-alone program that the
>>> startup process launches, similar to how it invokes restore_command in
>>> PITR recovery. Instead of using system(), though, it would use
>>> fork+exec, and a pipe to communicate.
>> Here's a WIP patch to do that, over your latest posted patch. I've also
>> pushed this to my git repository at
>> git://git.postgresql.org/git/users/heikki/postgres.git, "replication"
>> branch.
>
> In my environment, I cannot use git protocol for some reason.
> Could you export your repository so that it can be accessed also via http?

Sure, it should be accessible via HTTP as well:
http://git.postgresql.org/git/users/heikki/postgres.git

> How should we advance development of SR?
> Should I be concentrated on the primary side, and leave the standby side to you?
> When I change something, should I make a patch for the latest SR source in your
> git repo, and submit it?

Hmm, yeah, let's do that.

Right now, I'm trying to understand the page boundary stuff and partial
page handling in ReadRecord and walsender.