Re: Streaming Replication patch for CommitFest 2009-09 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Streaming Replication patch for CommitFest 2009-09
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> I'm thinking that walreceiver should be a stand-alone program that the
>> startup process launches, similar to how it invokes restore_command in
>> PITR recovery. Instead of using system(), though, it would use
>> fork+exec, and a pipe to communicate.
>
> Here's a WIP patch to do that, over your latest posted patch. I've also
> pushed this to my git repository at
> git://git.postgresql.org/git/users/heikki/postgres.git, "replication"
> branch.

In my environment, I cannot use git protocol for some reason.
Could you export your repository so that it can be accessed also via http?
BTW, I seem to be able to access http://git.postgresql.org/git/bucardo.git.
http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/user-manual.html#exporting-via-http

How should we advance development of SR?
Should I be concentrated on the primary side, and leave the standby side to you?
When I change something, should I make a patch for the latest SR source in your
git repo, and submit it?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao