Re: Feedback about Drupal SQL debugging - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Feedback about Drupal SQL debugging
Date
Re: Feedback about Drupal SQL debugging  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers

Jean-Michel Pouré wrote:

>> BTW, why don't we have a multi-argument version of CONCAT()?  In 8.4,
>> it
>> would be possible ... I should add it to mysqlcompat library.
>>

> yes. In PostgreSQL core ...

No.  That is exactly where it shouldn't go. And frankly, Drupal
developers should stop writing non-portable code. Isn't there a Mysql
mode that is supposed to conform to the standard, at least more than
their default mode?

> PostgreSQL requires all non-aggregated fields to be present in the GROUP
> BY clause (I fixed 10 such issues in Drupal code).
> http://drupal.org/node/555530
>
> Why can't PostgreSQL add the required field automatically? Could this be
> added to PostgreSQL to-do-list?

Isn't that contrary to the standard?

cheers

andrew