Re: Multiple simultaneous queries on single connection - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Multiple simultaneous queries on single connection
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 17/08/2009 8:49 PM, Yeb Havinga wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> We want to access a postgres database with multiple queries / result
> sets that are read simultaneously (hence async). The documentation says
> explicitly that no new PQsendQuery can be send on the same channel
> before the pqgetresults has returned null. This means we need to use
> multiple connections.
>
> The problem is that multiple connections (from the same application
> instance) do not share the same MVCC snapshot.
>
> Is there a way to have two or more connections see each others
> uncommitted things?

Not at present.

You should be able to use explicitly declared cursors and FETCH to
interleave requests for results from one or more queries in the same
transation using the one connection, but only one FETCH may be active at
a time.

--
Craig Ringer