Re: Multiple simultaneous queries on single connection - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Yeb Havinga
Subject Re: Multiple simultaneous queries on single connection
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello Craig, list
>> Is there a way to have two or more connections see each others
>> uncommitted things?
>
> Not at present.
>
> You should be able to use explicitly declared cursors and FETCH to
> interleave requests for results from one or more queries in the same
> transation using the one connection, but only one FETCH may be active
> at a time.
Thanks for your info. I verified with a pl/pgsql function that from a
pl/pgsql perspective, this is a good solution. However, our client
application needs to access the postgres backend with libpq. I'm
currently looking at PQsendPrepare / PQSendQueryPrepared together with
what the exec_execute_message does. Each of these has a portal name as
parameter. It would be nice if PQgetResult could also provide a portal
name to fetch a result from. The question is how to multiplex data from
different portals on the tcp/ip connection, or maybe have more than one
tcp/ip connection per PQconn object when more than one portal is active
at the same time.

--
Yeb