Re: "Hot standby"? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Mielke
Subject Re: "Hot standby"?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 08/11/2009 09:56 AM, Kevin Grittner wrote: <blockquote cite="mid:4A813246020000250002985D@gw.wicourts.gov"
type="cite"><prewrap="">Bruce Momjian <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"

That is technically accurate, given the preceding definitions, but it
has disturbing connotations.  Enough so, in my view, to merit getting
a little more creative in the naming.  How about "warm replica"?
Other ideas?
/><br/> I prefer not to try and fit square pegs into round holes. Streaming replication sounds like the best
description.It may not be the keywords that newbies are looking for, but too bad for them. Calling it something
differentthan what it is, just so that people who don't understand why it is wrong will have something that
class="moz-signature"cols="72">--

Mark Mielke <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:mark@mielke.cc"><mark@mielke.cc></a>
</pre>