Re: Does derby have an embedded Mode like Derby ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Eric Schwarzenbach
Subject Re: Does derby have an embedded Mode like Derby ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Bayless Kirtley wrote:
> Yes, I'm afraid you're gonna be out of luck on finding the array type
> in any
> of
> the smaller embedded databases. Honestly, the beg project I've been on
> for a
> year or so has used Postgres right through full development and testing.
> It's
> not hard to start and stop the database whenever I need to although I
> usually
> just leave it running.

Even if you find one supporting all the same SQL syntax that you are
using, another database implementation could, in some rare
circumstances, return slightly different data for the same query. In
particular odd situations like this arise around nulls. Conceivably this
could happen between versions of PostgreSQL and running such unit tests
to test your code's expectations against a real database guards against
this possibility.

Eric