Re: Video available for PGDay SJC '09 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Wenk
Subject Re: Video available for PGDay SJC '09
Date
Re: Video available for PGDay SJC '09
List pgsql-general
Christophe Pettus schrieb:
> Greetings,
>
> The video recordings of the sessions for PG Day SJC '09 are now available:

[snip]

> Many thanks to Steve Crawford for the audio system and assistance with
> setup, tear-down, and coordination during the event.
>
> --
> -- Christophe Pettus
>  xof@thebuild.com

Hi Christophe,

thanks - that's awesome!

Just a quick question. Wouldn't it be better to provide the videos in flv format in a
player in this page. Since I have a MAC, I have no problems viewing the videos. But with
my Linux box and FF 3.5 I can't.

I can imagine that some people have problems with .mov files and (more importantly), mov
files are really big - so a lot of traffic is going over the wire.

I could assist creating a page with a player (OS stuff) and converting the files to flv if
this is a desired way to provide the videos.

Cheers

Andy