Re: Function does not exist - Mailing list pgsql-general

From ANdreas Wenk
Subject Re: Function does not exist
Date
List pgsql-general
dipesh mistry (Imap) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have create my own function name "*addnewuser(integer,varchar.....)*",
> and when I call this function it gives me below error,
>
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: function addnewuser(bigint,
> character varying, character varying, character varying, character
> varying, character varying, character varying, unknown, character
> varying, character varying, character varying, character varying,
> character varying, character varying, character varying, character
> varying, character varying, character varying, character varying,
> character varying, integer) does not exist
>
> Even though function exist why it gives me this error, we use
> postgres-8.3.7 latest.
> We install postgres by .tar,gz file.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Dipesh
> If you can't make a mistake, you can't make anything.

Hi,

I suppose you are setting the wrong parameter when calling this
function. If you use psql use the short cut command \df to get all
functions you built and check this again ... such an error message is
mostly a hint that something with the params is wrong ...

Cheers

Andy