Re: Vote on Windows installer links - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Vote on Windows installer links
Date
Re: Vote on Windows installer links
List pgsql-advocacy
Simon,

I understand your concern.  However, a popularity vote on the -advocacy
list, which hardly represents the majority of the community, is not a
way to decide it -- you're basically taking a straw poll of a tiny
minority of the community.

If we were serious about this, we'd need to put a poll up on a polling
site and do a substantial job of publicizing it.

For that matter, *any* opinions about whether to change the download
page or not need to be informed by the question of what resources we'd
lose if it's not hosted at EDB.com.  People need to know what they're
voting on, and right now they don't.  Heck, *I* don't, so I wouldn't
take a vote.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.