Re: Vote on Windows installer links - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Vote on Windows installer links
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Alvaro Herrera<alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>
>> You keep talking about our installer, but as I've pointed out, most of
>> the packages linked to from postgresql.org come from third party
>> websites, some of which are also commercial.
>>
>> I assume your desire is for *all* of those off-site links to be
>> removed, and that you aren't singling out EnterpriseDB?
>
> The only one I can see that is not the operating system vendor's own
> site is Devrim's pgsqlrpms.org, which I knew was a bad idea when I first
> saw it.  And now I realize that it even redirects to a commandprompt.com
> site, which is even worse :-(

Vendor or not, they're still third party. The Ubuntu site for example,
has links to their store, and Canonical's support services.

If this isn't a case of Simon being vindictive towards his ex-employer
(which I would like to think it is not), surely this survey should
address all of those third party site equally, and not single out
EnterpriseDB?

--
Dave Page