Re: Vote on Windows installer links - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Vote on Windows installer links
Date
Re: Vote on Windows installer links
List pgsql-advocacy
Dave Page wrote:

> You keep talking about our installer, but as I've pointed out, most of
> the packages linked to from postgresql.org come from third party
> websites, some of which are also commercial.
>
> I assume your desire is for *all* of those off-site links to be
> removed, and that you aren't singling out EnterpriseDB?

The only one I can see that is not the operating system vendor's own
site is Devrim's pgsqlrpms.org, which I knew was a bad idea when I first
saw it.  And now I realize that it even redirects to a commandprompt.com
site, which is even worse :-(

--
Alvaro Herrera
Not his employer's opinion