Re: Normalize INTERVAL ouput format in a db driver - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sebastien FLAESCH
Subject Re: Normalize INTERVAL ouput format in a db driver
Date
List pgsql-general
Further, little libpq question:

When using INTERVAL types, can I rely on PQfmod(), PQfsize() to determine
the exact definition of the INTERVAL precision?

=> what YEAR/MONTH/DAY/HOUR/MINUTE/SECOND fields where used to create the column.

I get different values for the type modifier, but how to interpret this?

Can someone point me to the documentation or source code where I can find
more details about this?

I found this:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/libpq-exec.html#LIBPQ-EXEC-SELECT-INFO

But there are not much details in PQfmod() description...

Thanks!
Seb