Re: Plan time Improvement - 64bit bitmapset - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Plan time Improvement - 64bit bitmapset
Date
Re: Plan time Improvement - 64bit bitmapset  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> long plan times (minutes and up)
Wow.  I thought I had some pretty complex queries, including some
which join using several views, each of which has several joins; but
I've never gone to multiple seconds on plan time (much less multiple
minutes!) without very high statistics targets and many indexes on the
tables.  Any rough estimates on those?
If you think your patch could have a significant impact on a query
with a 260 ms plan time, I could give it a try.
-Kevin