Re: [Windows] Feedback on PG? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andy Colson
Subject Re: [Windows] Feedback on PG?
Date
List pgsql-general

<http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Running_%26_Installing_PostgreSQL_On_Native_Windows>http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Running_%26_Installing_PostgreSQL_On_Native_Windows

> Besides the availability on Windows/Linux and the license, another item
> in my check-list is how to connect to it from Delphi.
>
> Thank you.

I use Delphi to connect to PG and it works great.  I have a simple db
object on top of the C API.  (no evil TDataset.. I hate TDataset)  My
query's are read-only, forward-only queries, just like god intended.

The C API is simple to use/understand and works just fine linked to
Delphi.  (You do have to link to the DLL however, you cant compile it
into the .exe, but that's not a problem for me)

I've not used PG on windows, my server runs Slackware!  (the client's
all  run windows, and locally they cache stuff in sqlite for use off
network.  sqlite and pg play very nice together.)

-Andy